There’s actually no exact figure.
Fire systems vary and most of them are designed specifically for the property being protected. For example, the cost of installing a fire protection system in a 2 bedroom house is different from that of an apartment complex. Residential installations are also different from commercial installations.
There are so many factors to consider when installing fire systems so it is difficult to arrive at an estimate. Fire protection installation can cost from a thousand to over millions of dollars.
Here are the different factors that affect the price tag of any fire system installation.
- Type of property. The type of facility, amount of people occupying it and the layout of the property has a huge effect on the cost and complexity of the installation. A property, whether residential or commercial, with an open concept fire alarm installation estimate usually costs less than one with several rooms.
- Fire protection devices. The type of fire protection devices you want to install and how many units you need to install is one of the main factors in the pricing of your fire system. If you only want to install fire alarms with no fire sprinklers, the price would be lesser compared to the complete system. If you have existing fire alarms, it is possible to use them as long as they are in good condition and they are compatible with the new system.
- Wiring. Just like the fire protection devices, existing wiring can be used to save money. If your wiring is still in good condition, your contractor or installer can use the existing wires for the new installation.
- Size and Complexity of the installation. This factor also depends on the type and layout of the facility. An open layout requires less manpower and hours compared to a property with multiple levels and rooms. The more complex the installation is, the higher the price.
Having a fire protection installed is not just important. It’s the law. Investing a good fire system provides protection for the property itself and the people occupying it.
So when you are shopping for a fire protection company, make sure to request for a scheduled visit so they can look at the facility and provide you with a detailed quote. You can also discuss what devices needs to be installed and how you can save money on the installation.
Here are also some things you should remember:
- Smoke alarms are only good for 10 years. It is important to replace your devices and your entire system every 10 years to make sure that they are in good working condition.
- If you’re thinking if installing CO alarms, keep in mind that they do not detect smoke and should not be used to replace smoke alarms. It is best to install both so you’ve got everything covered.
- If you have pets at home, make sure to keep them away from cooking and heat sources to prevent accidental fires.
Want to request for a fire protection quote? Call us at (02) 8244-1122.